I love jewelry. The bigger and gaudier the more I like it. I like to go to craft shows to gather ideas. I discovered this adorable necklace and wanted it badly. The price tag on it was $98.00! Whoa! So, I made my own for about $20.00.
Here is how to make one for yourself:
- Start with a chain that has large links that you can find at a craft store or maybe recycle an old one you already have. My chain was 20 inches long.
- Add a heart shaped photo frame to the center point of the chain. I got this photo frame from a heart shaped Christmas ornament. Insert a cute picture of a heart or the words, Happy Valentine’s Day where the photo would go.
- Get some miniature charm resin hearts. These look like heart-shaped cookies. I got these at a craft store in the Valentine section.
- For those hearts that do not have a way to attach them to the chain, get some jump rings and glue them to the back of each heart. Jump rings are available in the jewelry department of any craft store. You will need to use high quality jewelry glue. I prefer E-6000®. The glue will harden for use in 24 hours.
- To add color between the heart charms, take white, red, or pink bangle charms to put between the miniatures. I took apart old Christmas ornaments with needle nose pliers, added a jump ring to each one to make my bangle charms.
- To attach the heart and bangle charms to the necklace chain, I use needle nose pliers to open the jump ring. Then I put the chain link and the charm on the jump ring and pinch the jump ring shut with the pliers. (I also use my 2+ reading glasses!)
- Wear and enjoy!